Search This Blog

juan diego flores - bel canto spectacular (2008)

7.17.2008

Bel canto, that most magical of operatic phrases, literally means “beautiful singing”. The peak of opera’s bel canto era came in the first three decades of the 19th century, with singers possessing a range, virtuosity, and expressiveness that quickly became legendary.

Those extraordinary performers were the rock stars of their time, driving audiences mad with enthusiasm in every city where opera was performed. Fortunately for us, bel canto flourishes onstage today thanks in no small part to Juan Diego Flórez.

For the past decade the Peruvian tenor has earned ecstatic critical and public response internationally for a technical prowess and an authoritative style that must surely equal what the public would have heard from the greatest tenors more than 150 years ago. Flórez’s exhilarating vocalism, matched by a magnetic stage presence, has prompted major opera companies to revive many rare works especially for him.

An exclusive Decca artist, Flórez has reached a point in his career where he can invite eminent colleagues to record with him. This type of programme is fairly common in popular music, but seldom, if ever, with opera stars of similar magnitude.

“I decided who I wanted to invite — they’re all friends of mine, and I’ve performed with all of them. I called them up and tried to persuade them. It wasn’t easy to work with everyone’s schedule, and I was lucky that they all could do it!” This “Flórez and Friends” programme of bel canto excerpts gives further proof of Flórez’s supremacy in this repertoire.”


2008 | Classical | FLAC-COVERS | Decca Classics | 371 MB
tracks

DONIZETTI: Amici miei, che allegro giorno (La figlia del reggimento)
BELLINI: Finì..me lassa! Vieni, fra queste braccia (I puritani)*
DONIZETTI: La maîtresse du roi?...Ange si pur (La Favorite)
DONIZETTI: Venti scudi (L’elisir d’amore)**
DONIZETTI: Una furtiva lagrima (L’elisir d’amore)
DONIZETTI: Linda, Linda…da quell dì che t’incontrai (Linda di Chamounix)+
DONIZETTI: Linda! Si ritirò…se tanto (Linda di Chamounix)
ROSSINI: Di che son reo?...D’alma celeste (Il viaggio a Reims)++
DONIZETTI: Partir degg’io….t’amo qual s’ama un angelo (Lucrezia Borgia)


juan diego flores - bel canto spectacular (2008) part 1
juan diego flores - bel canto spectacular (2008) part 2
juan diego flores - bel canto spectacular (2008) part 3
juan diego flores - bel canto spectacular (2008) part 4

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this post! I really like ur blog, really my taste of music. Keep the good work! Cheers, Devon

PS. I am waiting for ur post of Gardar Thor Cortes new album :-)

Andrew Tan said...

Really thanks for posting this album.
Some more in FLAC format. :D

Thanks and appreciate.

Celestial Voices - my all times favor blog.

:D

Andrew Tan said...

Dear Devon,

You may find both Cortes albums at my blog:

http://elementsofvoice.blogspot.com/

Direct Link:

http://elementsofvoice.blogspot.com/2008/07/cortes-collection.html

hope you enjoy it.

Dear Celestial voices,I hope you wont mind, I post the link here cause I notice one of your fans-Devon asking about it. :)

Anonymous said...

It asks for volume_id when I want to extract the zipped file. What should I do?