Search This Blog

jonathan ansell - jonathan ansell (2008)

2.28.2009

Jonathan Ansell is a 26 year old tenor from the UK. He used to be a part of UK classical quartet G4 whose debut CD topped the UK album charts.

"Tenor at the movies" is his solo debut, released a few months ago, and as its name implies, features songs made famous at the movies. I had never heard of Ansell until recently when a friend played "Now we are free" for me. While not as great (in my opinion) as the original by Lisa Gerrard (from one of my all time favourite movies, "Gladiator"),it is still a haunting beauty, and I was curious to find out what the rest of the album sounded like. JMRL




























T r a c k L i s t i n g :

1. Here's to the Heroes
2. Now We Are Free
3. Parla Piu Piano
4. Race to the End
5. Un giorno per noi
6. Vois sur ton chemin
7. My Own True Love
8. Down in the River to Pray
9. SE
10. Prayer in the Night
11. Si Un Jour
12. Che Gelida Manina





jonathan ansell - jonathan ansell (2008)

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Well, what did you think of the rest of the album then ?? Curious to know as I am a Jonathan Ansell fan ;-))

He also has a 2nd album called 'Forever' and I would be interested on your views on that one as well

donidons said...

hi, could you give me the password for the album? im dying to hear the songs

Las said...

after a long time I found the password

password is ARS

donidons said...

hi, could you give me the password for the album? im dying to hear the songs